1. Stay away from high energy drinks – The Food and Drug administration has linked energy drinks to hundreds of hospitalizations and even deaths. Opt for more healthy energy boosts such as high protein foods, B vitamins, or even a cold shower.
2. Be sure to get sleep – The health benefits of getting 6-8 hours of uninterrupted sleep are well documented. Try sleep promoting foods instead of medication. Research shows that cherries promote melatonin, bananas act as natural muscle relaxant, and tryptophan is a sleep-inducing amino acid.
3. Eat breakfast – Skipping breakfast can make you more grumpy and leads to binge eating unhealthy but convenient foods.
4. Relieve stress – keep a log of the things that stress you out. Identifying these triggers can help you to change your habits and routine to avoid stressful situations when possible.
5. Stop smoking – Research shows that quitting by the age of 35 can add a decade onto your life. Enough said.