The first official day of summer will soon be here. Why not soak up every bit of summer by immersing yourself in it- by enjoying the weather, cooking summer meals with summer crops, relaxing whenever possible, and thoroughly enjoying yourself! Today, we have a simple and tasty recipe for Orzo Caprese Salad. It can be assembled quickly and you and your family will certainly enjoy it!
Orzo Caprese Salad Ingredients:
- 1 cup (or 7-ounces) of dry orzo
- 8 ounces of fresh (water-packed) mozzarella ‘pearls’
- 1 pint of grape tomatoes (cut them into halves)
- 1 (1/2-ounce) bunch of fresh basil (slice it into fine pieces)
Orzo Caprese Salad Ingredients For the Dressing:
- 1/2 cup of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- 1 minced clove of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Orzo Caprese Salad Directions:
Follow the directions on the pasta box to cook your orzo. Once it has finished cooking, allow to cool but toss is periodically so it does not stick together. In a bow, mix together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, honey, minced garlic, salt, and pepper to taste. Blend these ingredients together by whisking vigorously or using blender. In a large bowl, mix the orzo with the mozzarella pearls, tomatoes, basil, and approximately 2/3 of the prepared dressing. Add salt and pepper based on your taste preferences. Then, serve this delicious salad right away. If you want to serve the salad completely cooled, refrigerate it and then the remaining dressing right before you serve it. Enjoy!